When you have work done on your home, it can be more than a little disruptive especially if something goes wrong. To lessen the stress, read our guides to find out how to resolve disputes and get problems fixed as quickly as possible.
- I'm about to start building work, what should I do?
- How to avoid building work disputes
- How to complain if you're unhappy with building work
- Consumer Rights Act 2015
Issues can arise for both landlords and tenants and it’s important to know your rights in the event of a dispute or a problem. Our guides can help you find out all you need to know about your rights as a landlord.
- I'm thinking of letting a property, what do I need to do first?
- How to deal with a tenant whose rent has fallen into arrears
- Letter to demand outstanding rent from a tenant
Issues can arise for both landlords and tenants and it’s important to know your rights in the event of a dispute or a problem. Our guides can help you find out all you need to know about your rights as a tenant.
- What should I know before I start renting?
- How to complain about your landlord
- Letter to report repairs to be carried out by the landlord
Even minor disputes with neighbours can have a negative impact on your day-to-day life and it can be difficult to know what to do. Read our guides to find out what your rights are and how to seek a resolution with your neighbour.
- What can I do about nuisance neighbours?
- Letter complaining to Environmental Health about a nuisance neighbour
- Letter complaining to your neighbour about noise
Buying or selling a property is an exciting experience but it can also bring unexpected challenges, particularly when it comes to dealing with estate agents. Read about your rights.
- I don't want my estate agent's services anymore, what can I do?
- How to complain about your property agent
- Letter to reject a commission claim due to 'no sale, no commission'
Having a working boiler is essential for a safe and comfortable home so it can be very disruptive if something goes wrong. From installation to breakdowns, knowing your rights is essential to getting the problem sorted as soon as possible.
When you experience problems with water or sewerage, we know you’ll want to get things fixed quickly - especially if there's no water all at. We explain the complaints procedure for common water problems and your rights.
Having problems with your energy bill or are you unhappy with your energy repayments? Our guides can help you find out how to resolve your issue and may even help you exit your contract without paying a penalty charge.
- My energy supplier has raised its prices, do I have to pay?
- How to complain about energy price rises
- I'm not happy with my feed-in tariff payments, what can I do?
Even brief power cuts can be disruptive and inconvenient, but in some cases it can take a long time to restore power. In these cases you may be due compensation.Find out under what circumstances you can claim compensation and what to do if you experience multiple interruptions.
Where you live as a student is a huge part of your college experience. Whether you’re living on campus or renting privately, our guides can help if something goes wrong. We can help resolve disputes and problems in student accommodation.